Allinea DDT - distributed Debugging Tool for C, C++ and Fortran
DDT, the Distributed Debugging Tool is a comprehensive graphical debugger for scalar, multi-threaded and large-scale parallel applications that are written in C, C++ and Fortran.
- Powerful, simple debugging - source code browser with easy, yet capable interface for efficient software development.
- See at a glance the state of the processes within a parallel job
- Simplify the task of debugging large numbers of simultaneous processes
- Degug effectively - from deadlock and memory leak tools, to data comparison and groupwise process control
- Interoperates with all known MPI implementations and all batch queuing systems.
Simplify debugging at scale
- Multi-threaded or OpenMP development: DDT allows threads to be controlled individually and collectively, with advanced capabilities to examine data across threads.
- Parallel Stack Viewer - a unique way to see the program state of all processes and threads at a glance. Developers can easily spot rogue processes or threads, and even define new control groups from it, meaning massively parallel programs are easy to manage.
- DDT's interface scales amazingly - providing the same clarity of information at 8,000 processes as at 80 - highlighting commonality and differences with summary views and data comparison to focus your attention.
Catch common problems quickly
- Advanced memory debugging capability brings tremendous benefits to developers of scalar and parallel applications. Find memory leaks, and detect common memory usage errors before your program crashes.
- Check a pointer is valid or find the stack when it was allocated. Reading or writing beyond the ends of allocated data can also be detected - instantly.
Supports the languages you need
- Programmable STL Wizard enables you to view C++ Standard Template Library variables like the abstract data they represent, viewing lists, maps, sets, multimaps, pairs, deques and strings easily. It is also extensible to let you visualize your own complex classes as you would like.
- With Fortran 77, 90, 95 and 2003 support, developers of scientific code have full access to modules, allocated data, strings and derived types.
- View MPI message queues to discover deadlock in parallel codes, or visualize data in 3D with the multi-dimensional array viewer.
- Available on Linux for Itanium, Opteron, EM64T, PowerPC, IBM Cell Broadband Engine and x86, IBM AIX 5.2 and 5.3, Sun Solaris (v9/10 for SPARC v10 for Opteron) and NEC SUPER-UX.
- Compatible with compilers from Absoft, IBM, Intel, Pathscale, ST PGI, Sun Microsystems, and the GNU compiler suite.
- Supports all known MPI distributions.
Contact Polyhedron sales