64-bit Fortran for Mac OS/Intel
Includes full 32/64-bit Development Suite
Absoft Dramatically Improves Fortran Debugging on Mac OS with Fx3 and Apple's Xcode
Absoft's Fx3 debugger adds capabilities so customers can display & modify variables in COMMON blocks,
allocated in static storage, or declared inside Fortran 90 modules.
Create and vectorize multi-threaded applications automatically!
Absoft Pro Fortran includes both 32-bit and 64-bit compilers incorporating advanced optimization technologies designed to create faster applications on any hardware configuration. The compiler automatically uses all available processors, and invokes multi-threading, vectorization, data perfecting, PGO, IPO, and more. Coupled with the included optimized math libraries, you are assured of maximum performance on single and multi-core systems, running Leopard or Tiger.
New in V13:
New in V12:
Documentation and White Papers
Faster code, PLUS a better development environment! Absoft simplifies code development by solving the problems associated with IDEs such as Visual Studio and Xcode - excellent for C++, but with no knowledge of Fortran. The Absoft IDE supports both Fortran and C and automatically provides proper syntax sensitivity, array indexing, etc. for each language. It includes everything you need: F95 compilers, programmer's editor, Fx3 graphical debugger, application framework, graphics and optimized math libraries in a single, easy-to-use package.
Single Solution - Linux, Windows and MacOS. Simplify code development for multiple platforms. Absoft provides same look and feel on every platform and allows you to build native applications for Linux, Windows and Mac from a single code base! Absoft's exclusive MaxFlex license manager allows a single license to float across Linux/Windows/Mac, saving you time and money.
20 New and Improved Features for v11.0!
Fortran for Mac OS/Intel
Absoft Pro Fortran is the most complete Fortran solution available for Mac OS. Absoft compilers automate optimization, parallelization and vectorization of code for multi-core systems. Build 32-bit and 64-bit applications, independently verified as among the fastest available. Pro Fortran also simplifies development with the only commercial IDE designed for Fortran/C by Fortran experts. Fx3 graphical debugger, the only commercial graphical Fortran debugger available for Mac OS; MRWE application framework; optimized math libraries and 2D/3D graphics also included. Link and debug compatible with Apple C/C++, which is supported as a plug-in for mixed Fortran/C development. IMSL's highly optimized numerical and statistical libraries (1000+ routines) are a low cost bundle option.Includes Fx3 - a $200 value FREE! Absoft's Fx3, the better Fortran debugger, is included at no additional charge with Pro Fortran.
Take advantage of the superior performance of Absoft's 64-bit compilers. See Polyhedron Fortran Benchmark Comparison - 64-bit runs faster than 32-bit code.
Mac OS/PPC (G4/G5) users please see Pro Fortran V9.5
|- Advanced global optimizers produce industry-leading performance for both 32-bit and 64-bit code.
- Existing Pro Fortran v9.2 (OSX/PPC) customers may experience up to a 3X speed increase on their Intel based Macs after recompiling with Pro Fortran v10.
- Tools for auto conversion of serial code into code for multiple processors are available as an option.
Fortrans from Sun, SGI and Cray.
- Single compilation command produces a file ready for debugging application.
- Quad precision supported
- Includes graphical Fx3 debugger designed for Fortran and C
- MRWE application framework (full Fortran source included) automatically generates double click-able applications with user modifiable I/O windows.
- High performance math libraries included
- Absoft tools are compatible with Apple tools and the gnu tool chain.
- VAST-F/Parallel tools for auto conversion of serial code into code for multiple processors are available as an option.
- IMSL numerical libraries and Winteracter cross platform gui/graphics tools are planned as future options
|Easier to Use|
- Designed for Fortran programmers and mixed Fortran/C development
- Build applications from integrated graphical environment or from command lines
- Included documentation provides step-by-step instructions through: code development, compile, run, debug and edit stages.
- Includes documentation on building mixed Fortran / C applications and using third party libraries
- Build 32-bit or 64-bit applications with one tool set from a single code base
- Re-host your application on Mac/PPC, Windows or Linux with a simple recompile
- IDE designed to support select third party applications as plug-ins
|Included in Release:
Additional libraries, tools and resources:
Mac OS Intel Systems:
|Try and Buy
|Compatibility and Companion Products
Absoft Pro Fortran uses an extended version of the Cray CF90 front end and adheres to the latest ISO and ANSI Fortran 95 standards. Extensions from all major workstations have been added to make sure your code ports from any environment with minimal effort. Absoft Fortran compilers conform to all DoD MIL-STD 1753, FIPS 69-1, and POSIX standards, support most popular VAX/VMS extensions including RECORD, STRUCTURE, POINTER, and UNION, (per V5.4 of VMS FORTRAN), QUAD (REAL*16) data types as well as others from IBM/VS, Cray, Sun FORTRAN as well as FORTRAN 66 conventions. Automatic byte-swapping and full integration with many third party tools means porting code from virtually any environment requires little more than a recompilation without rewriting code. The F95 compiler can operate in F95, F90 or F77 modes.
VAST-F/Parallel - Pre-processor that automatically parallelizes source code
Full technical support from friendly technicians is included at no additional charge with each new product from Absoft. To ensure your software continues running at maximum efficiency, all registered Absoft customers can download service packs and quick fixes at no charge. Customers and partners can subscribe to Absoft's free electronic mailing list to receive electronic bulletins and update notices advising of new updates, changes in product releases, new product announcements and other news.
Pro Fortran V10 for Mac OS Intel User Guide
Fx3 Debugger User Guide