plusFORT, from Polyhedron Solutions, is a multi-purpose suite of tools for analyzing and improving Fortran programs. It combines restructuring and reformatting with global static analysis, dynamic analysis and many other features in a single powerful package. plusFORT is a one-stop solution for programmers, project managers, and quality assurance engineers working with Fortran source code.
- SPAG – Re-engineering Fortran source code
- SPAG – Questions and Answers
- Quality Assurance using plusFORT
- GXCHK – Global Static Analysis
- Dynamic Analysis
- Coverage Analysis
- AUTOMAKE – automated make for Fortran and C
- QMERGE – Version Selection
- plusFORT Evaluation version
- plusFORT Manual
- On-Line Fortran F77 - F90 Converter
New for V7.10 released April 2017
Check out our new video tutorials which explore some of the many capabilities of plusFORT, and showcase PFFE, the plusFORT front end which offers a genuinely intuitive graphical interface for the plusFORT tools.
DON’T forget to turn your sound on! We recommend switching to full screen view if you want to follow the details.
A major update with many improvements affecting usability and compatibility of plusFORT.
- PFFE (the plusFORT graphical interface) is now available for Linux and Mac.
- PFFE stability and usability enhancements
- New default behaviour for SPAG output files (restructured output, symbol files, coverage files, and module files). Instead of being written to the source directory, SPAG creates a subdirectory called SPAGged (or as specified in option 229 of spag.fig) and writes them there. Restructured output files have the extension .f90 (or .for if item 141 is set to 0) instead of .spg. If option 229 is set, items 230, 231, 232, 234 and 236 are over-ridden. The original (pre 7.10) behaviour is restored if item 229 is absent from spag.fig.
- Dynamic analysis instrumentation code rewritten to deal correctly with Fortran 95 allocatable arrays, KINDs, and the use of array
- Bug fixes in coverage analysis code to allow it to deal correctly with Fortran 95 modules.
- Probe routines rewritten and enhanced in Fortran 95 (in file probes.f90).
- Timing probe and report enhancements.
- SPAG copies probes.f90 to the output directory when instrumenting source for coverage analysis or dynamic analysis. probes.f90 must be compiled and linked with the instrumented code when creating executables for dynamic or coverage analysis.
- Default for SPAG configuration option 56 (location of INCLUDE files with no specified path changed to 1 (same directory as source file).
- New option for name of target executable in AUTOMAKE on Windows creates an executable with the name derived from the current working directory name.
- Manual updated to revision J. including a new section on PFFE.
- Initial release of Version 7
- New GXCK HTML reports
- New Modularization Report in GXCHK
- New "Per Symbol" reporting in GXCHK.
- Unicode output in GXCHK for improved rendering of call trees etc.
- Many changes and bug fixes to improve compatability of SPAG and GXCHK
- with Fortran 95.
- SPAG infers source form from source file extension
- Multiple 215= allowed in SPAG.fig to allow for complex build
- environments with many directories containing INCLUDE files.
- New PREFIX=, SELECT=#NOPROMPT, SELECT=#NOSELECT, and SELECT=#PREFIXxy,
- options in QMERGE.
- If no SELECT= is specified, QMERGE now defaults to prompting, rather
- than performing a simple merge.
- Substantial changes to manual - now at Revision H